Language needs awareness
- Diagnose oral English communication difficulties and understand own needs for language improvement,
- Discuss oral communication issues in a culturally sensitive environment,
- Identify cross-cultural differences in oral communication patterns,
- Locate and effectively use resources for independent and/or guided English speaking practice and development.
|Speaking and pronunciation|
- Identify individual vowel and consonant differences between first language and the English language,
- Use of correct vowel and consonants for effective oral communication,
- Use thought groups, intonation patterns, word stress, focus, and/or volume appropriately for effective oral communication,
- Use of appropriate speech patterns in English to enhance overall fluency,
- Use different communication strategies to maintain and repair oral discourse.
|Listening, lexicogrammar, and pragmatics|
- Use strategies to listen effectively to successfully respond during oral communication,
- Expand and use English lexicogrammar to improve overall fluency during oral communication,
- Differentiate implicit and explicit meaning of utterances,
- Use appropriate utterances for various situational settings.