AcComP Certification Track
AcComP (Academic Communication Practices) is a professional development and certification track focused on continued academic communication support for graduate students to help them build capacity in the area of preparing high quality dissertations, theses, and creative components.
AcComP aims to engage students with diverse opportunities for academic writing and speaking practice and improvement from the start to the end of their graduate program. Tailored to the type of graduate degree sought by students (master’s or doctoral), this longitudinal support program aligns with the stages of student progression toward their degree, mapping the CCE’s specialized services with the requirements specified by the Graduate College.
- Participate in the AcComP Onboarding event organized by the CCE and the Graduate College
- Opt in to enroll through the AcComP Portal
- Continuously engage with various forms of communication support recommended on a schedule that aligns with different stages of their degree program
- Benefit from formative reviews before submitting documents or artifacts required by their degree program at different stages
- Benefit from final writing and formatting reviews before submitting the thesis or dissertation
- Receive AcComP Certificate upon completion.