The Center for Communication Excellence offers Writing Accountability Groups (WAGs) in fall and spring semesters to provide a space for graduate students to work towards writing-related goals with the support of graduate peers. The WAGs for the current semester are:
Fall 2023 Writing Accountability Groups
- Group 1 | Mondays | 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
- Group 2 | Mondays | 3:00 - 4:30 pm
- Group 3 | Tuesdays | 12:00 - 1:30 pm
- Group 4 | Wednesdays | 12:00 - 2:00 pm
- Group 5 | Thursdays | 9:30 - 11:30 am
- Group 6 | Fridays | 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
- Group 7 | Fridays | 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Who can join
Writing Accountability Groups (WAGs) are open to graduate students from any department or program at ISU. To be considered for participation in a group, a student must fulfill a number of expectations, including:
- Filling out an application: Applications are typically available at the start of each semester when groups are formed. If you are interested in joining a WAG after the application deadline has passed, contact the WAG facilitator Chris Nuttall at firstname.lastname@example.org to be put on a waitlist for the coming semester or, if possible, be added to a current semester’s group.
- Accepting the application: When initial placements are made, students who have been placed in a group will be informed via email. They should respond to the email to confirm their participation.
- Attending the WAG: Once students confirm their participation, they should begin attending weekly group meetings. These meetings may take place in person or in an online format, depending on the group members’ indicated preference at the start of the semester. Students may bring to the sessions any form of academic writing (research papers, theses or dissertations, grant proposals, conference abstracts or presentations, job application materials, and more) they would like to work on in the designated time frame.
Interested in joining?
- For more information about how Writing Accountability Groups function, please see details on our Writing Accountability Group Model or contact the group facilitator, Chris Nuttall at email@example.com.
- If you are interested in joining a WAG in Fall 2023, please contact the WAG facilitator, Chris Nuttall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall 2022 Writing Accountability Groups
- Mondays 10am-12pm
- Tuesdays 3-5pm
- Tuesdays 5-7pm
- Wednesdays 3-5pm
In spring semester, we ran four online interdisiplinary Writing Accountability Groups:
- Tuesdays, 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Tuesdays, 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- Thursdays, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Fridays, 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
One disciplinary Writing Accountability Group in Agronomy was also held by the Agronomy Writing Consutlant, Amy. Contact email@example.com:
- Thursdays, 2 p.m. - 3 p.m.
- If you'd like to join an interdisciplinary Writing Accountability Group group or have questions about its functioning, please email our WAG Coordinator, Chris Nuttall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Group members will receive the WebEx links to connect.